Experienced in Mechanical, Chemical, Metallurgical, And Corrosion Testing
Failure analysis is the term used to describe finding the cause of failure and suggesting how to prevent it from recurring. It's also important in manufacturing in the development of new products and the improvement of existing ones.
Stages that comprise the performance of a failure analysis are typically as follows:
- Preliminary visual examination and record keeping of the failed part
- Collection of background data and selection of samples
- Determination of failure mechanism, including:
- Analysis of fracture surfaces, secondary cracks, and other surface phenomena
- Analysis of fracture mechanics
- Analysis of all the evidence, formulation of conclusions, and writing the report.
Common Test Methods:
- Nondestructive testing
- Chemical analyses
- Macroscopic visual
- SEM examination
- Mechanical testing
- Hardness or Microhardness
- Microscopic examination and analysis
- Testing under simulated service conditions (special tests)
Not sure how to send a sample? Click here.
Specialized testing and services include consulting, failure analysis, reverse engineering service, fastener testing, scanning electron microscopy, welder qualification, materials and process problem solving,and miscellaneous tests on non-metallic materials.
Call Tensile Testing Today At 216.641.3290 And Speak Directly With One Of Our Experts.