Experienced in Mechanical, Chemical, Metallurgical, And Corrosion Testing
In 1955 Joseph Adams founded the J.T. Adams Company to meet the needs of Cleveland area manufacturers. Opening his tool and cutter grinding shop, Mr. Adams soon developed business relationships with forging, casting, and manufacturing companies in the local area.
In 1979 the Tensile Testing Division came into being to meet the fabrication and testing needs of the metal industries of Northeast Ohio.
In 2005, after 50 years in Cleveland, Tensile Testing Metallurgical Laboratory (TTML) moved the entire company to 4520 Willow Parkway, completely renovating the premises. The current 37,000 sq ft facility accommodates a growing staff and full-line commercial laboratory specializing in the delivery of cost-effective, high quality, timely specimen fabrication, and analytical services to a wide variety of markets.
Clients include commercial, aerospace, medical, automotive, and fastener manufacturers and suppliers. To meet the quality requirements of those industries TTML is IEC/ISO 17025 (A2LA) and AC7101 (Nadcap) accredited, approved by The Boeing Company (D1-4426), General Electric Aircraft Engines (S400), Messier-Dowty (Code J1), Cessna and Rolls-Royce plc, etc. and compliant to 10CFR50 and 10CFR21.
To help meet those needs, staffing has increased to over 40 employees with growth expected to continue. Staff members include three degreed Metallurgists, highly trained mechanical, metallographic, and chemical laboratory analysts and a wide array of production and administrative support personnel belonging to professional organizations such as NCFA, ASM, A2LA, PRI, SAS, AWS, ASME, AWMI, and others.